The forwarding company Josef Schumacher, Tiefkühl-Frischdienst-Logistic e.K. was founded in 1931 in Aachen by Josef Schumacher as a transport company. The transport business initially consisted of simple transports in the Aachen region. Soon, however, the first, more complex services were added.
Today the company is a well-positioned, medium-sized logistics service provider for frozen food and fresh products as well as confectionery logistics, which, in addition to traditional logistical areas such as national and Europe-wide transport, handling and storage, is particularly known for its expertise in the field of fresh food logistics.
In the field of confectionery logistics, the company has distinguished itself in particular through the development and operation of individual, tailor-made solutions for complex logistical requirements, such as warehouse management or co-packing. With around 280 employees, around 300 refrigerated trucks and around 120,000 m² of managed logistics space, the Schumacher freight forwarder is one of the leading providers not only in the region around Aachen.
The forwarding company has access to a fleet of over 300 refrigerated trucks, which are used nationally and internationally in Europe-wide long-distance transport.
- Contract logistics / system logistics
- Handling of goods (approx. 800,000 pallets per year)
- Storage of (temperature-dependent) products
- Overseas container loading
- Shrinkage of trade items
- Packing and pricing
- IT-supported materials management according to the FIFO principle
- BBD monitoring and batch tracking
- EAN code creation and management
- Automatic order integration
- Order management and feedback
- Inventory management and comparison
- Distribution of goods